I had to work this year on Thanksgiving so we stayed in town and Mike took the kids to his parents. He didn't think to take the camera so I have no pictures from Maddox 1st Thanksgiving :(...Not only did I not get Thanksgiving dinner (well actually I did, Mike fixed me a plate and had it ready for me when I got home that night...I know, it kept him from getting in trouble about no pictures) but he had to work the day after....So I also MISSED Black Friday shopping with my mom, sister, and grandma's :(....Needless, to say I was a little cranky that I wasn't able to spend the day with my family and especially cranky about missing out on the Black Friday Deals!
But...Having the fantastic Grandma that I do she did her best to give us a family Thanksgiving anyway. Since AR was playing LSU in LR that weekend we headed down to NLR Friday afternoon
Mike could go to the game, I got to do a little shopping with the girls, and I dinner with my family. She fixed a great meal and I ate too much just as I would have had I gotten to be there on Thursday. Thank you Granny, You always make things better.
Plus to top it off! My (personal shoppers) mom and sister got out early Friday Morning and were able to get me all the deals I was hoping too. Come to think of it I may have something come up every Thanksgiving :)
"Elf on the Shelf"

After my Uncle Allan died 2yrs ago my Grandma had told me I could have his piano. We haven't had the space for it so she has held onto it for me. When we re-arranged our living room this summer I saved a place for it.

Emma said " I playin Uncle Allan's piano" She was only 2mo when he passed away but I talk about and show her pictures of him often..It's very important to me that she know who he is. I use to set by him while he played and I know he would have loved having her do the same!
Although I would give more than anything to have him still here, I know he is living with my Savior, and I am honored to have is piano!

Maddox is getting so big....and getting into everything. When we had Emma I swore I would not move thing to keep them from getting broken. I said "the kids will just have to learn not to touch things, I'm not putting my stuff away, they will learn not to touch it). Well, I now have a different tune! He is constantly climbing onto the baker's rack and has broken most of the things that were there. I have salvaged the remaining by putting them away.

After my Uncle Allan died 2yrs ago my Grandma had told me I could have his piano. We haven't had the space for it so she has held onto it for me. When we re-arranged our living room this summer I saved a place for it.
Emma said " I playin Uncle Allan's piano" She was only 2mo when he passed away but I talk about and show her pictures of him often..It's very important to me that she know who he is. I use to set by him while he played and I know he would have loved having her do the same!
Although I would give more than anything to have him still here, I know he is living with my Savior, and I am honored to have is piano!
Maddox is getting so big....and getting into everything. When we had Emma I swore I would not move thing to keep them from getting broken. I said "the kids will just have to learn not to touch things, I'm not putting my stuff away, they will learn not to touch it). Well, I now have a different tune! He is constantly climbing onto the baker's rack and has broken most of the things that were there. I have salvaged the remaining by putting them away.





0 comments:
Post a Comment