Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Independence Day-2010

Since Emma was born we have started the tradition of camping for Independence Day. (Since I am 6 + month late posting this...We have also already booked this years trip). Anyway, back to last year. We were planning to go camping in Branson, Mo with my parents, sister, and our friends the Beasley's. My parents headed up on Thursday but since Mike had to work on Friday we sent Emma up with them. This turned out to be the best decision we could have made.

Friday, as always, Mike and I are rushing around trying to get out of town. It never fails that if we are trying to get away Mike has to work late! My dad keeps calling us telling us we need to get there. The spots were filling up and they were starting to turn people away ( We bought in at Treasure Lake RV resort, but they don't let you reserve spots. This had us already upset, since we pay a yearly maintenance fee, but that's a different story). Needless to say, we were starting to feel a little stressed. :)

At this time we had our motor home for sale. It was a great first motor home but for a family of four it was a little small. Not to mention Mike would drive it and I would follow him with the kids. We decided to try to sale it (hopefully make a profit) and buy a camper.



Finally, We get on the road! I'm following Mike (with Maddox) on the phone with my sister, telling her, we are almost to Huntsville and I will see her in a little while. The next thing I know I'm dodging a blown out tire. From where?...Yes! Our motor home!
After about a two hour set back. We get the tire fixed at a shop in Huntsville ( I wish I could remember the name. They were unbelievable fast and cheap!) and make it to Branson! This entire adventure Maddox was a champ! He slept the entire time we were on the side of the road, nursed while we waited on the tire, then slept the rest of the way. I love my precious two year old, but I'm positive had she been with us this mishap wouldn't have gone as smooth.
Oh yeah, Mike has a great friend who lives at Treasure Lake..He pulled a few strings for us and we had a great spot right next to my parents.
Emma and Kenley
On the fourth we headed out to Silver Dollar City.
Emma Loves SDC....well the choochoo train anyway!


Emma ready to shoot some targets on the great shoot out!

Maddox got to ride too!
After a rough start we ending up having a great weekend!
Fortunately, we did sale the motor home a few weeks later actually making a profit!
But, not before a few repairs. When the tire blew it caused some added (expense) damage to the floor and tore the exhaust off the generator.

0 comments: