Christmas Eve we went over to do our family Christmas. My sister and I were excited to see how the girls would act. We were expecting them to be super excited and tear into all the presents. We were wrong. Emma enjoyed open them all problem was she wanted open everyones and Kenley opened about two and she was good...At least she's not greedy :)
Shortly into the gift exchange the girls got tired and started fussing with each other and taking everything away from each other! They are so cute when they are loving each other but we already so Girls......so much I wonder what we are in for when they are older.
No really, they were pretty good until they got to tired. We will have to remember that for next year.
This was also Maddox first Christmas. He was a natural! Tearing into his gifts..well the sacks anyway:) That was until he got tired too!
I didn't get alot of pictures. My sister enjoys taking pictures so much I usually just tell her I'll get some from you. Then time goes by and I forget to do it. Here is a few of what I got.
Maddox didn't get one but KK shared with him. I was impressed he would set on the scooter and move it using the one leg that could touch the ground.
Santa Came!
We let the kids sleep with us Christmas night. Both of them still wake up from time to time and we didn't want to take the chance of Emma going into the living room while santa was there. Since we try to get to Mike's parents by 9 I got up at 0630 to start breakfast. I had a new cheese danish recipe that I was excited to try. The kids woke up shortly after I got up and I had Mike hold them in the bedroom so that we could read them about the birth of Christ. It is very important to me that my children understand the true meaning we celebrate Christmas.
We let the kids sleep with us Christmas night. Both of them still wake up from time to time and we didn't want to take the chance of Emma going into the living room while santa was there. Since we try to get to Mike's parents by 9 I got up at 0630 to start breakfast. I had a new cheese danish recipe that I was excited to try. The kids woke up shortly after I got up and I had Mike hold them in the bedroom so that we could read them about the birth of Christ. It is very important to me that my children understand the true meaning we celebrate Christmas.
We were so excited about this Christmas because it was Maddox first, and the first for Emma to really start understanding and being excited. Each morning she and I moved the calendar and counted down the days until Christmas. She Even shared with her brother and let him have a few turns. Every time she would see a Santa she would shout as loud as she could "Hi Santa" We also enjoyed looking for our Elf "Markle" each morning. I understand now why people say that Christmas better with kids. Emma and Maddox have blessed me far more than any words can say. I am so Thankful that God chose me to be there Mother and I strive to raise them to know and Love him in return.
Santa brought what she had been asking for a baby doll bed and baby
Maddox was excited about his Santa gifts too
Opening a few more gifts
Santa was very good to me too!

Just as the kids were about to open their first gifts our phone rang. Mike and I just looked at each other and our hearts sank. It was Mike's mom with the news that Grandpa had passed away. The time of his death has a special memory to me. He passed away at 0642. At 0642 I looked at the clock. We had just finished praying. We prayed thanking God for that day and the very special meaning of Christmas day. We had also prayed specifically for Grandpa, that God would give him comfort.
Just as the kids were about to open their first gifts our phone rang. Mike and I just looked at each other and our hearts sank. It was Mike's mom with the news that Grandpa had passed away. The time of his death has a special memory to me. He passed away at 0642. At 0642 I looked at the clock. We had just finished praying. We prayed thanking God for that day and the very special meaning of Christmas day. We had also prayed specifically for Grandpa, that God would give him comfort.
Thank you Lord for your blessings!
Then we headed over to Mike's parents. Mike's dad said he still wanted every one to come over and do Christmas because thats what Grandpa would have wanted.
Papa and Grandma Baker got Emma this cool Barbie Car!
Papa and Grandma Baker got Emma this cool Barbie Car!
As hard it was to know that Grandpa wasn't with us anymore we were all thankful that he was no longer suffering. Can you just imagine what Christmas was like for Grandpa. Entering Heaven's gates just in time to celebrate Christ birth with him.





1 comments:
Amberly, After a few tries I was finally able to bring up your blog. Honey you truly are blessed with those beautiful children and Mike. I knew at your wedding when I saw the tears streaming down Mike's cheeks that he was the real thing. I enjoyed looking at all the pictures and reading all the comments. God is good and we could sing His praises all day long. So thankful that he never leaves us and that He is with us on the mountain and in the valleys of life.
Loved the Chris Tomlin songs and Martina. Also love Michael W. Smith. Such wonderful young singers for the Lord.
You and Amanda are very special to many. Always so sweet and devoted to your families. Like the daughters I never had, but I am blessed with my sons and they are so good to me.
Miss Bill very much, but cherish the last year we had together. He never complained even though he knew he would not be here long and was always concerned about my welfare. So thankful of my time with him on this earth. He taught me so much and was an inspiration. Stood up for what he believed in. Always researched political and religious issues.
Thanks for sharing your adorable family. Hope to see you all very soon. Pray many blessings for you and your family.
Love you much,
Aunt Carolyn
Post a Comment