Last year my plan was to start the tradition with Emma of making Christmas cookies together. That was before I knew how busy and crazy things were going to be this year. Mike's grandpa Baker is battle Cancer and is quickly fading. Our hope is that he makes it until Jan. 4 for the Sugar Bowl (his request) but if not for we would like to have one last Christmas with him. Understandably, Mike has been spending any free time he has with him. Not only has Grandpa been quickly getting worse but Emma and Maddox have stayed on antibiotics this month. Between vomiting, diarrhea, fevers, runny noses, ear infections, pink eye. You name it we are getting it. For the new year I'm just hoping to be off antibiotics for more than 1 week.
We've been trying to keep the kids in but also keep them from going stir crazy. Last year when Emma and I made cookies it didn't hold her interest very long and I ended up decorating them. I told Mike that I had seen some Gingerbread Houses at Wal-Mart that seemed pretty kid friendly. He agreed it sounded fun and we decided to attempt our first Gingerbread House.





0 comments:
Post a Comment