Friday, February 4, 2011

NOLA

Mike had been saying all year that if Arkansas made it to a BCS bowl we were going. So I agreed and we both went ahead a took vacation the first week in January just in case.
Sure enough the Hogs did it. They made it to the Sugar Bowl. We were all excited about going until we found out how much the tickets cost and we were not excited about buying 4 so that we could take the kids. I had never left the kids so I was not ready to start now. I asked my Granny to go with us. She didn't refuse but she wasn't thrilled about the idea either. She had also already offered to watch Kenley for Sister.
After much consideration Mike and I backed out of going. My dad went ahead and order tickets for Mike and I, Just in case!
We had several friends offer to watch the kids for us. Everyone kept telling us, you and Mike need to go. The kids will be ok. Finally I talked to one of the pediatricians I work with and he said that he that he thought it was very healthy for us and the kids. So I talked to Mike again and we decide ok we can do this, We are going.
Both of my Grandmas live in NLR and they had both offered to keep the kids so Kenley stayed with Granny D. and Granny Piker kept my two.
We went to NLR on Sat. to get the kids settled in and also to break up our drive. Before we headed out I got so sick at my stomach and started to cry the kids were crying but I made myself walk out the door. I am so glad I did!
As soon as we got into NOLA they were letting out a Saints game! Wow, I was getting educated and we hadn't even checked into our hotel yet.
We then rushed into our room, through our bags down, and headed Margarittaville for the Bobby Petrino show.
We stood out side for close to 3 hours, did I mention it was freezing, we finally made it to the front of the line. When they came out and told us the restaurant was full and they would not be seating anyone else....Just Figures!
My dad talked to a few of the hostess and before we new it we were inside. Right in time for the show to start. We didn't have a seat but we were inside where it was warm. At one point I was the jacket holder Big Red himself!
Finally, they come to us and tell us they have us a seat. Where?...Outside! On the Balcony!

After the show we went to Cafe du Monde for some coffee and beignets.


The waiters were wearing these silly hats. My sister and I decide we wanted one so my dad asked they waiter if we could get one. Sure enough they sale them .50 cents later I became the proud owner of one.
We then lead the Hog Call!
"So Fun!"


Here is a jazz band that was set up at the corner of Canal and Bourbon



Not a clear picture but this is Razorback Fans as far as I could see calling the Hogs.
Razorback fans far out numbered Ohio State fans!

Razorbacks take over NOLA!

Mike was missing work so much he figured he help delivery a few packages



Jackson Square

Things you don't see in NWA
This guy painted himself silver and acted like a robot.
He was actually really good!

Street performer spinning around on another performers head



Us in front of the Super Dome


With Tusk! He turned around just as we were getting our picture.
I guess he wanted to give us a look of his "best side"



Regina and Ashley
Piker Girls
My cousin Kimberly and her husband met up with us before the game


My Parents

Pregame!
We had great seats!
Row 14 on the 50 yd line

College Game Day
Minus "Kirk" :( I think he's very handsome!



Felix Jones...He was setting just a couple rows in front of us.
I also saw Joe Nichols. He walked right by me. I was thinking "I know that guy" then when I realized who he was I just said "Hey, Joe Nichols!" He looked at me like I don't know you but said hi back. I didn't stop to take his picture because I was carrying a couple drinks and I had a football game to watch.
Unfortunately, we didn't win the game but We had a great time!
By the way the kids did great! Maddox even slept all night "13 hrs" for her. Now, if he would just do that at home.
Thank you again Granny for watching the kids.

0 comments: