Labor... I am very fortunate that I can say I didn't have a difficult labor. I had harder contractions in the weeks building up to her arrival than I did in actual labor. Around noon on May 29 I starting cramping. The only thing with these cramps is that they were pretty consistent. They were reminding me of the cramps I had when I was admitted to the hospital in pre-term labor. Mike and I decided to try to get the contractions really going so we decided to walk, walk, and walk some more. When the walking didn't get the contractions cranking out I volunteered to work. I went in for a few hours and I continued to cramp more. When I left work my cervix had changed from a 1 to a 2. The girls I work with convinced me to go home walk some more, take a shower and come back. So I got home around 8:30 got Mike out of bed and said lets have a baby tonight. We made a few trips around the block, took a shower, called our parents and told them to be on standby and headed to the hospital around 10:00 pm. When we got to the hospital Dr. Clouatre was there so he decided to check me and yeah I was a 3-4 and contracting every few minutes. I was a scheduled C-section for June 12 because we knew she was breech so Clouatre said "call the crew". Mike called our family and I was ready for surgery in about 30 min. As they were wheeling me down the hall I got very nervous for a few second but I realized it was too late and then I cant tell you what I was thinking because so many thoughts were going through my head. Emma arrived May 29 at 11:04 pm. She was 5 lbs 5 oz and 18.25 in long. ( I also was 18.25 in long when I was born.) She looks a lot like my baby pictures but she had her daddy's nose. God has blessed us in so many ways but I have never experienced anything like the miracle He blessed us with by giving us Emma.
Monday, July 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment