Emma had her first Dental cleaning Feb. 24. I was very nervous about how she would act because really who likes having their teeth cleaned? I figured she would either be good or terrible! These days she doesn't seem to have an in between. Well see she surprised me...She was AWESOME! I was very impressed! The dental assistance and dentist kept commenting on how excellent she was being. Not only was she great but she had no cavities!
Way to go EMMA you made Momma proud!
That's right no more Paci!
While at her dental appointed her dentist asked me if she took a pacifier. I said "Yes, I know I should stop her but I haven't been ready for the challenge yet." He recommended we stop soon because she was starting to get a small overbite. He said if we stopped it now that it would probably correct itself.
As soon as we walked out of the dentist she asked for her Paci. I figured now was as good as time as any. I called Mike told him how awesome she was for the appointment and broke the news to him that she was officially going to quit the paci.
Like I said, both of us had been dreading this because she is very attached to it. When we got home I put her down for her nap. She kept asking for it and I kept telling her no. Unfortunately, for me she knew where her secret stash was and I didn't. She would get out of bed, hand me something random, grab a paci and run to her bed. This happened a few times. Each time ending with me taking away the paci. She eventually cried herself to sleep.
That night She asked Mike for it. After he told her no she didn't ask again. She cried for about 10 min and fell right to sleep.
I could not believe how easy she was to break. Here we had been dreading it so bad and she almost made it too easy on us.






0 comments:
Post a Comment