Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Summer Vacation 2009

Panama City Beach, Florida here we come!
Each year we take a Piker family vacation. This year we went to Panama City Beach. I don't think I have ever been in need of a vacation as much as it seemed this year. Maybe, it is because Mike and I didn't go last year. I had just had Emma when my family went so I decided I was not up for the beach and a newborn. Needless to say I have regretted that decision all year.
We were so excited to have Emma this year and to take her on first beach vacation. We couldn't wait to see how she would react to the beach but really nervous about the drive. I wasn't sure how she would handle the 14 hr drive. My Dad decided to take his motor home and drive through the night. Emma did great. She was able to sleep most of the way down so when we arrived to Panama City Beach she was ready to play. Fortunately, I was able to sleep on the way down too.
We had a set back about 3:30 am in Mobile, AL

Emma listening to daddy's headphones

At MargaritavillePahpaw and Nana giving Emma a T-shirt from margaritaville.
It says "Future Parrot Head"



Emma modeling her new T-shirt.

Shopping at Pier Park



Emma loves her purse At Captain Anderson's Seafood restaurant

When we first got into town we were so excited to see how Emma would react to the sand. She really surprised us when she had nothing to do with it. If we tried to have her walk she would start crying and pick her legs up. Emma had to set in the beach chair because the sand was just too dirty.

Emma and Pahpaw
Pahpaw trying to convince her to walk on the beach and play in the ocean.


Yeah Emma!
For the rest of our trip we couldn't keep her out of the water.
Playing with Daddy




She's had enough for one day.

Emma playing in the pool



This is the life!




Kenley and Andy playing in the water

Emma looking off our balcony
This is the beautiful view from our balcony.

0 comments: